Monday, October 10, 2016

Insomnia Cause for 10.10.16

There's a part of me that wants to shoot myself in the foot. There's another part that has extreme gratitude for my helium hand. These two internal drives combined their powers into me volunteering to teach three (yes you saw that right THREE) classes at Artemisia's Kingdom Collegium and Arts & Sciences Competition next month.

I'm panicking right now for a few reasons:

1) Kingdom Collegium is the same week I go out of town to do a presentation for work. I have to have everything done before November 1st.

2) I'm starting all of my presentations from scratch. I just threw away my old presentation I did almost two years ago on the History of Japanese Scrolls. (D'oh!)

3) I'm having apprehension teaching if a certain person attends my class. It's nothing against them. I just have a hard time dealing with them in a class setting. I will get through it.

4) I don't feel like I have enough information. In reality I probably have too much information. I am covering a huge amount of history.

5) I feel I'm not choosing the best sources for my class. I can imagine an attendee saying, 'You didn't pick the most famous or recognized works?! Disgraceful!' I know that's in my head. I'll get over that eventually.

BUT thankfully it's on two subjects I feel pretty confident about. I do have a lot of information when i think about it. Enough information to kill a yak? Perhaps. We will have to see. So I've got one presentation about halfway done. Ugh. Hopefully a lot of what I cover in my History of Japanese Scrolls will translate into my How to make a Japanese Scroll class. Cross your fingers for me Sensei since I know you're gonna read this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You are taking on a lot! Just remember how to eat an elephant: One bite at a time. You know your stuff, and have so much to offer. Let me know if you need any support.

    ReplyDelete